I don’t know about you, but drums and cars are my two favorite pastimes. Anything that can combine the two is OK by me. Thanks to Gretsch Drums, the two have come together in a big way!
Gretsch shatters conventional drum design with the Renown57 in Motor City Blue. According to the Gretsch website, the Renown57 is inspired by the great American car companies from the 1950’s. The Renown57 incorporates timeless, iconic car design elements and applies them to drums. The “hood ornament” is the Renown chevron, an aluminum triangular teardrop painted white with raised beveled chrome edges and embossed chrome Gretsch logo. Matching throne from Gibraltar Hardware is included FREE for a limited time. Renown57 has standard Renown Maple specifications that produce punchy, full tones and rock solid performance.
- On thing that jumps out as soon as you look at the Renown57 is the innovative drum set design. With the proportionately-sized 3-D chevrons, it really looks like a car from the 50’s.
- Gretsch ball-socket tom holder with 12.7mm tom arms. Maple shells with 30-degree edges and Silver Sealer interiors
- Heavy duty 12.7mm FT legs. Chambered FT rubber tips for enhanced sustain
- Evans EMAD BD batter head. Evans G1 coated batter heads on toms/snare
- Matching Gibraltar throne (FREE)
The Renown line of drums is aimed at the touring pro drummer or the advanced amateur. If you are in the Rochester, NY area, you can find Gretsch Drums at GUITAR CENTER and HOUSE OF GUITARS. I look forward to checking this kit out in person very soon.